|DAN Europe is committed to a wide range of medical research|
and investigates many different aspects of scuba diving.
The following list includes examples of our research projects:
- Gathering data on and analysing circulating gas bubbles.
- The economy of decompression: identification of the best ascent profile.
- Investigating the causes of unexplained diving incidents.
- Stress in recreational diving.
- PFO (Patent Foramen Ovale) and risk of DCI (Decompression Illness).
- Asthma, diabetes and diving.
- Physiology and pathophysiology of breath-hold in adults and children.
- Hypothermia and diving.
- Headache and diving.
- Diving and blood changes.
- Air travel after diving.
- Rebreather diving physiology.
- Decompression stress, endothelial stem cells and blood cells.
- Early decompression stress biomarkers.
- Normobaric oxygen and its effects on blood and in DCI first aid.